Bruh man has been mad busy the past few weeks. From long hours at the new gig to wedding planning and appointments to putting the finishing touches on designing a few websites, I haven’t had a free moment to get my hustle on or to write. Something doesn’t feel right about that. I’m always on the grind and lately I’ve been outta the loop. I mean, I’m not even downloading new music or selling any tickets. Hell, I’ve only been to one Wizards game in the past month and it just happened to be the game where Phoenix blew them out of the building. At least I was up in the suite that night chillin’ with a rack of folks. Gilbert ‘Hibachi’ Arenas is still doin’ it aint he? He continues to drop bombs on the teams in the conference as the Wizards maintain the best record in the East. Anyway, there have been a number of things that I have wanted to blog about, but I just haven’t had the time to do it. So I suppose I’ll try to cram everything that’s been on my mind into one big entry.
I gotta take a quick second to throw a plug to two of my partners. My man who resides in LA has released a Spoken Word Poetry album. This cat has been my ace since the days of riding DC Metro buses in junior high to the days we attended Howard University. He’ll always have my support. Of course, I’ll throw in a plug for myself since I’m the one who created the Superville website.
Then I gotta show some love to the brotha who supplies the gear that I sport the majority of the time. I’ve been wearing Grindstone Universal clothing since the beginning in ’98 and continue to support this man as well. He’s finally got the website up and running, so check him out.
-I’m lovin’ Nike’s Second Coming commercial celebrating 25 years of Air Force One’s. The new advertising spot aired and featured LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O’Neal, Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Shawn Marion, and Chris Paul playing the ultimate pick-up game.
The original six players, who got to rock Air Force One’s in 1982, reads like a roster from the NBA Hall of Fame. Moses Malone, Calvin Natt, Bobby Jones, Mychal Thompson, Michael Cooper and Jamaal Wilkes have 13 Championship rings between them
Here’s the commercial…
– Speaking of Nike, I just picked up some new kicks. After scoping out the Sports Zone in Georgetown, I was able to cop a pair of the Nike Air Foamposite One Retro’s (the Penny’s) that everybody has been waiting on for years. I didn’t think I was gonna be able to get em cuz I was working til late Saturday afternoon, but I lucked up and they still had a single size 10.5 when I went by. I still have my Nike Air Foamposite Pro’s in the same color, but getting the original style was a must. It doesn’t have the Nike stripe and that gum sole sets it off right!
– Ummmmmm, what the hell is wrong with folks these days? I can’t say that I’m totally shocked by the number of stories reported where white college students held racially themed parties on the King holiday, but it’s still sad. It really is. They only emulate the foolishness that they see from Black athletes, entertainers and the way Blacks are portrayed in the media, but I’m still a lil’ irritated by what they did anyway.
– As I was driving this evening, this car cut me off. I was not to happy about that and I zoomed up to express some of my thoughts freely aka cuss em out. When I pulled up behind them at the light, this is what I saw. The tags read GODBLZU, as in God Bless You. (I took a pic as you can see). Now, how am I gonna vent on someone with these tags? Guess the good Lord was tryna tell me to calm myself down.
– Heavens To Murgatroid!!!! If you’ve seen or listened to Rich Boy’s song Throw Some D’s, you can’t tell me that Pollo D, the dude that raps in the middle of the song doesn’t sound like cartoon character Snagglepuss.
Watch the video and listen for yourself.
– I’m still watching 24 faithfully. In fact, that might’ve been the last thing that I downloaded. Sorry folks, I can’t reveal the source of that leak. I still can’t believe that Jack killed Curtis. I’mma miss that dude. I set up a perimeter around my house the night that he got shot in his honor.
– So at the office they had a small celebration for one of my co-workers who was having a birthday. I took one look at the cake as was like “Yep, I’m bout to get me summa that”. We all sang Happy Birthday and each person got a slice. Everyone was digging in and smiling, but when I ate the first piece from my plate, something tasted different. Little did I know that the cake was made with Splenda. I was then informed that the birthday boy didn’t do sugar. Wow, thanks for telling me. My fiancee tells me that I was probably the only one who had an issue with it, because I consume so much sugar on a regular basis. I guess that means I need to cut back huh?
– Headline for this upcoming Monday’s sports page reads… Black Coach Wins Super Bowl!!!! I honestly do hope that the Colts take it though. Tony Dungy is a class act, not saying that Lovie Smith isn’t. But Tony came so close to winning a championship with Tampa Bay, only to be fired and have to watch John Gruden take the team he built to the Super Bowl. Each year with the Colts, he’s come close and let’s see if they can win it on the big stage. I think they will.
– Speaking of football before I forget. My man Parcells rolled outta Dallas. I’m not surprised by that at all though. I just had a bad feeling that he was gonna hang it up. The question is, who will be the new coach for the Cowboys? The crazy thing is, I don’t even care… *shrugs*
– Real quick note on basketball. I’ve been a die hard Celtics fan since the late 70’s/early 80’s and although they lost their 13th straight game last night, I still dig this team. The average age for players on the team is 22. What do you expect? Paul Pierce has been out, Tony Allen is done for the season, Wally has been in and out, Olowokandi is a bum but the young guys are still out there working hard. I love the play of Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Delonte West and Gerald Green. Those guys continue to bring it every night. Sadly, I think Doc Rivers is gonna get fired even though he’s only working with what Danny has given him. They suck on paper in the win/loss column, but I’m still down with my Celtics.
– The weather is crazy out here… stay warm folks!!!! It was so cold that I went to Starbucks and I don’t even drink coffee. I had my favorite… a Chai Tea Latte. If you’ve never had one, I suggest you try it cuz it’s gooooooood!!!! Their Spiced Apple Cider is slammin’ too. Anyway, I’m gone and I don’t know when I’ll be back to write again. So wherever you are, be safe and God bless.